- Laboratory Phonology
- Second Language Acquisition
- Chinese Linguistics
- 2021.08− Associate Professor, Dept. of Foreign Languages and Literatures, National Yang Ming Chiao Tung University (NYCU)
- 2017−2021. Assistant Professor, Dept. of Foreign Languages and Literatures, National Yang Ming Chiao Tung University (NYCU)
- 2015−2016. Postdoctoral Fellow, Dept. of Linguistics and Modern Languages, The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK)
- 2014−2015. Lecturer, Dept. of Linguistics, University of Massachusetts, Amherst (UMass)
- 2009−2014. Ph.D. in Linguistics, New York University
- 2007 Fall. (non-degree study) The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- 2005−2007. M.A. in Chinese Language & Literature, Seoul National University
- 2003−2004. (non-degree study) Beijing Normal University, Beijing, China
- 1998-2003. B.S. in Biology Education, Seoul National University
- 2021-2024. Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST110-2410-H-A49-058-MY3) “Phonological representations and social factors in sound changes in progress”, NT$2,517,000
- 2018-2022. Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST107-2410-H-009-016-MY3) “Perceptual reorganization of phonetic cues through statistical learning in second language category development”, NT$2,952,000
- 2017−2018. Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST106-2410-H-009-049) “Perceptual reorganization of phonetic cue weighting through L2 learning”, NT$1,000,000
- 2017−2020. Recruiting Outstanding Scholars Subsidy Award, Ministry of Science and Technology, Taiwan
- 2009−2014. MacCracken Graduate Fellowship, NYU Graduate School of Arts and Science
- 2003−2004. Chinese Government Scholarship, Ministry of Education, China
- 2022. Gussenhoven, Carlos, Yu-an Lu, Sang-Im Lee-Kim, Chunhui Liu, Hamed Rahmani, Tomas Riad, and Hatoice Zora. The Sequence Recall Task and lexicality of tone: Exploring tone “deafness”. Frontiers in Psychology 13, 902569.
- 2022. Lee-Kim, Sang-Im and Yun-Chieh Chou. Unmerging the sibilant merger among speakers of Taiwan Mandarin. Laboratory Phonology 13(1), Article 10, 1-36.
- 2021. Lee-Kim, Sang-Im, Xinran Ren, and Peggy Mok. Phonological similarity effects in cross-script word processing: Evidence from Sino-Korean word processing by Cantonese learners. The Mental Lexicon 16(2), 325-361.
- 2021. Lu, Yu-an and Sang-Im Lee-Kim. The effect of linguistic experience on perceived vowel duration: Evidence from Taiwan Mandarin speakers. Journal of Phonetics 86, 101049.
- 2021. Lee-Kim, Sang-Im. Development of Mandarin tones and segments by Korean learners: from naïve listeners to novice learners. Journal of Phonetics 86, 101036.
- 2021. Lee-Kim, Sang-Im. Contrastive perception of duration and F0 cues for stop categorization. JASA Express Letters 1(2), 025203.
- 2020. Lee-Kim, Sang-Im. Stop laryngeal distinction driven by contrastive effects of neighboring tones. Language and Speech 64(1), 98-122.
- 2020. Lee-Kim, Sang-Im. Tone-induced split in stop category mapping by Korean learners of Mandarin Chinese. Language and Linguistics 21(1), 84-109.
- 2016. Lee-Kim, Sang-Im. Syntax-based phonological asymmetries: The case of adjective reduplication in Mandarin Chinese. Lingua 179, 1-23.
- 2014. Lee-Kim, Sang-Im. Revisiting Mandarin “apical vowels”: An articulatory and acoustic study. Journal of the International Phonetic Association 44(3), 261-282.
- 2014. Lee-Kim, Sang-Im, Shigeto Kawahara, and Seunghun J. Lee. The “Whistled” fricative in Xitsonga: Its articulation and acoustics. Phonetica 71(1), 50-81.
- 2013. Lee-Kim, Sang-Im, Lisa Davidson, and Sangjin Hwang. Morphological effects on the darkness of English intervocalic /l/. Laboratory Phonology 4(2), 475-511.