- Laboratory Phonology
- Second Language Acquisition
- Chinese Linguistics
|2009−2014||Ph.D. in Linguistics, New York University|
|2007 Fall||(non-degree study) The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong|
|2005−2007||M.A. in Chinese Language & Literature, Seoul National University|
|2003−2004||(non-degree study) Beijing Normal University, Beijing, China|
|1998-2003||B.S. in Biology Education, Seoul National University|
|Dept. of Foreign Languages and Literatures, National Chiao Tung University (NCTU)|
|Dept. of Linguistics and Modern Languages, The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK)|
|Dept. of Linguistics, University of Massachusetts, Amherst (UMass)|
Grants and Fellowship
|2018-2021||Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST107-2410-H-009-016-MY3) “Perceptual reorganization of phonetic cues through statistical learning in second language category development”, NT$2,952,000|
|2017−2018||Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST106-2410-H-009-049) “Perceptual reorganization of phonetic cue weighting through L2 learning”, NT$1,000,000|
|2017−2020||Recruiting Outstanding Scholars Subsidy Award, Ministry of Science and Technology, Taiwan|
|2009−2014||MacCracken Graduate Fellowship, NYU Graduate School of Arts and Science|
|2003−2004||Chinese Government Scholarship, Ministry of Education, China|
- 2021. Lu, Yu-an and Sang-Im Lee-Kim. The effect of linguistic experience on perceived vowel duration: Evidence from Taiwan Mandarin speakers. Journal of Phonetics 86.
- 2021. Lee-Kim, Sang-Im. Development of Mandarin tones and segments by Korean learners: from naïve listeners to novice learners. Journal of Phonetics 86.
- 2021. Lee-Kim, Sang-Im. Contrastive perception of duration and F0 cues for stop categorization. JASA Express Letters 1(2), 025203.
- 2020. Lee-Kim, Sang-Im. Stop laryngeal distinction driven by contrastive effects of neighboring tones. Language and Speech 64(1), 98-122.
- 2020. Lee-Kim, Sang-Im. Tone-induced split in stop category mapping by Korean learners of Mandarin Chinese. Language and Linguistics 21(1), 84-109.
- 2016. Lee-Kim, Sang-Im. Syntax-based phonological asymmetries: The case of adjective reduplication in Mandarin Chinese. Lingua 179, 1-23.
- 2014. Lee-Kim, Sang-Im. Revisiting Mandarin “apical vowels”: An articulatory and acoustic study. Journal of the International Phonetic Association 44(3), 261-282.
- 2014. Lee-Kim, Sang-Im, Shigeto Kawahara and Seunghun J. Lee. The “Whistled” fricative in Xitsonga: Its articulation and acoustics. Phonetica 71(1), 50-81.
- 2013. Lee-Kim, Sang-Im, Lisa Davidson and Sangjin Hwang. Morphological effects on the darkness of English intervocalic /l/. Laboratory Phonology 4(2), 475-511.